Welcome to Honeybourne Primary Academy School Governors
The Governing Body comprises parents, staff and members of the local community. All governors are volunteers who are committed to ensuring that every child achieves their full potential in a way that builds their confidence and develops a love of learning. We want each child’s journey through our school to be as positive and enjoyable as possible. We aim to achieve this by providing a balance of effective challenge and support focussing on three core functions
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent
The role of the Governing Body is to work with the Head teacher, and all stake holders to ensure that the pupils receive the best possible education at Honeybourne Primary Academy. Governors work with the Head Teacher on the strategic development of the school to continue to deliver school improvement and secure excellent outcomes for all pupils
We also have a vital role to monitor and evaluate the school's effectiveness and this will mean asking challenging questions, and pressing for improvement, so we challenge as well as support.
All Governors provide their time on a voluntary basis. Full governing body meetings are held twice a term and in addition governors also serve on at least one key sub-committee which meet termly to cover:
- Curriculum: monitoring the curriculum and school’s performance against key criteria
- Finance and Premises: approving & monitoring the school’s budget and monitoring Health & Safety.
We also actively participate, from both a monitoring & contributory basis, on the School Learning Improvement Plan. As such governors are allocated to key positions in the school and support teaching staff in curriculum areas
Please see below the link to the Governors Code of Conduct.
If you are interested in volunteering to be a governor or wish to know further information, please contact the school in the first instance